Thursday, December 16, 2010

...farewells


About six months ago I joined a cult. Well, not a 'cult', but a creative commune called the United Second Life Colonists, or the USLC. They were good to me, gave me a bed in a half-way house, then my very own shipping container in which to put my few possessions, a pot plant, 'Dogs Playing Poker' picture, my old record player.

Bunky's old home, USLC. A hobo's palace

 For once in my SL I didn't feel homeless, or shall I say 'houseless'. But while it was shelter, I never really felt at home. My neighbours were nice, but I always felt like an outsider. I recently overheard a meeting of the sim's main players. The owner was lamenting that the sim wasn't thriving, and that he could no longer come up with the money to continue into next year. It seemed like as good a time as any to make my exit.

I think I prefer to be homeless anyway

So I've packed up my possessions and left the USLC, never to return. I thank the owner, Mr Progressive Parx for inviting me to be a part of his bold vision for the future, and offering me a home as I rumaged through the garbage bins of Hyde Park. I wish him the very best of luck with his future endeavours.

And it's farewell to my friends at London and Diddler Island. I'd like to thank them for all their support and friendship. While my road is long and arduous, I look forward to being reunited with them some suunnnnyy daaayyyy!

Awwwwww!

No comments:

Post a Comment