Tuesday, January 4, 2011

...day 6: london calling

Jamaica Cove >>> London Sims
Sims crossed today = 2
Total sims crossed = 35

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I put on my bunny slipper for a another day on the road and enter the world of Jamaica Cove. I envisage pirates and cane fields, drinking rum on the beach to the tunes of Bob Marley and svelte babes dancing around an open fire through the haze of ganja smoke. Instead I find a series of small, square islands with a few monstruous beachouses. This place lacks soul and character. I jump in my inflatable boat and coast along to the NE corner. As I near the exit I am unexpectedly booted. I am not disapponted by this development.

Awwww. Neko lovers have the best houses to break into.

I find myself in Tokyo Mainland. This should be interesting, in perhaps a Lost in Translation way. I've always been fascinated with Japanese culture, particularly pop culture. My little green friend Dana Luckless gives me a call and I ask if she wants to join me. "Sure" she says in her enthusiastic way. It starts well, as I enter someone's and find myself surrounded by neko paraphenalia. Cute. I always feel safe in a cat lover's house. As we wander about outside, I've never seen so many atms and money exchange machines before. The place abounds with odd looking teleporters and endless skytop aboretums up long flights of stairs, hatshops, shops selling random things from dancepoles to ants. I pass a store selling something called "Tanima shock -Real Valley of the Chest, Real and Sexy Breast to You!" Hmmm, whatever.

Noob riding, Tokyo Mainland

RL gets in the way of Dana's visit and she leaves me as suddenly as she arrives. As U2 would say, she moves in mysterious ways. As I near the NE corner I open map to see where I'm headed. I soon realise that I have almost completely missed London! If I had of continued NE I would have walked straight past the London Sims. What a goose!

I happily teleport west where I am warned to leave immediately. I guess this area of the sim is a place of private apartments. Either that or the fact I havent had a bath for four days. I jump to the other end of the sim where I may be more welcome and explore Northcliffe House in the Kensington Office Suites, but its largely uninhabited and the suites are for rent. I take an elevator tot he upper floors and walk around the empty corridors. As I walk in silence I get the feeling that this place is testiment to the well publicised failure of RL commerce to kick off through SL. SL commerce is evidently thriving in SL.

Northcliffe House, Ghost town

A walk around streets lined with lovely terraces, but I'm itching to get to Hyde Park, and I'm not talking about fleas. Hyde, the Hub in particular, is my regular hangout, and I have many friends and acquaintences there whom I haven't seen for too lomg. I walk into the Hub and find two strangers shuffling their feet in the corners. Dang! It's early morning European time, notoriously quiet in the London Sims. But it's good to be sort of  'home' after a long trip. I plan on spending a few weeks here. I guess it's part homesickness, part sim fatigue. Over the next few days I catch up with friends, and engage in the usual funny buggers. Ahhh, 'tis good to be home!

She's not the messiah! She's just a very naughty girl!

1 comment:

  1. Lies! I AM The Messiah!

    Good to see you back on track Bunky! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete